The 5G network is the latest generation of cellular mobile internet connectivity. It succeeds the 4G (LTE) and it’s whereby offering faster speed and more reliable connections on mobile devices. We’ve had mobile connectivity over the years which range from 1G, 2G, 3G, 3.5G, 4G, 4.5G and now the 5G. The 5G network performance targets a high data rate with an average speed of around 1GBps and peak at 10GBps. By having such speed, there’s reduced latency, higher system capacity, massive device connectivity, energy saving etc.
The 5G network advantages
- Super fast speed (enough to stream seamlessly or download an HD movie in few seconds)
- High resolution and bi-directional large bandwidth shaping
- Multiple services are allowed access to
- Higher capacity (a thousand times the capacity of 4G)
- Reduced Latency (no glitch when playing an online game or streaming a 4k live video)
- Battery consumption is low
- Several connections can work together simultaneously
- Access can be granted remotely
- Connectivity is consistent and uninterrupted
How fast is 1GBps
1GBps is 1,024MBps or 1,024 Megabytes per second speed, which is really very fast. Although, internet speed have long before now be calculated using Megabyte (MB). For example, having an internet speed of 123MBps will download you an MP3 file in less than a second. Or a 720p High Definition movie with a filesize of 950MB in 8 seconds. Furthermore, having a 5G internet with an average speed of
How ready is 5G for the global market
The rollout of 5G on mobile devices will commence this year with some selected phones and locations for now. Nevertheless, the official launch out worldwide will be in 2020. Although, it will take three to five more years for the service and standards-development to move to the general market. By having the 5G services readily in place, we’re poised to see advancement in autonomous vehicles, Internet of Things (IoT) and more. This is a whole new experience of a fully advanced digitalized world.
Development on ground
Service providers all over the globe are trying to set the mark on first to launch out the 5G services. Verizon is taking the lead as the first world’s service provider to launch out a non-standard version of 5G. This they have achieved in four different cities in the US and is named the 5G Home. Other service providers still at the forefront in bringing the 5G network to end users are AT&T, EE UK, South Korea Telecom etc.
What will 5G do better for me
The 5G network is coming with a lot of game changer to help you get things faster and better.
- It will improve your gaming experience on the cloud using your smartphone. You’ll have the same feelings just like you would while playing your PlayStation or Xbot console back home. But it’s actually all on the server.
- Language translation will be done in real time. Something for travelers, tourists, and international students, to curb language barriers. 5G will allow you to translate in real-time better than present techs without getting it wrong or slow.
- Also, there would be home broadband without cables. This will give you broadband access at your home or office without running cables down the street.
- Autonomous cars are here to stay and will be better using 5G enabling technology. These cars will need to talk to each other and exchange information using the cloud, and instantly to avoid crashing.
- We will have mini Clouds everywhere. Instead of having loads of massive data centers, 5G will bring about the installations of mini-clouds where they are needed. Rural areas will benefit greatly from this.
Expected phones to come with 5G network
2019 will have Smartphone manufacturers launch devices that can deliver the ultra-fast 5G networks. Moreover, this will bring about network latency to mobile phones. That is to say, online gaming will become much faster and lag free with super fast speed. This is mind-blowing; having a phone and everything you can do with your internet will be so seamless. Although, not all phones to be manufactured in 2019 will come with the 5G network. To be certain at getting the right phone, here’s a list of phones that are guaranteed to be shipped with 5G.
- Samsung Galaxy S10
- Apple iPhone 12
- Huawei Mate 30
- Motorola Moto Mod
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 3
- Vivo Nex S
- Oppo R15
No doubt, the 5G technology will provide a wide range of features which will be useful to everyone. Its infrastructures are being set in place and in no distance time
For questions or suggestions, we are a click away.
Please leave a comment below.