Ghost Push is a family of malware that infects your Android device by automatically gaining root access and taking control. After gaining access to your device and masquerading itself as a system app. It becomes virtually impossible to remove the infection even by trying to uninstall it. The malware takes control of your system resources, making your phone unresponsive and draining the battery.
Its effect on your phone
After successfully gaining root access to your device to exploit it further. Ghost Push takes advantage of your cellphone traffic to make money. Its main aim is to display unwanted ads and install infected apps on your device. By hijacking your Google Play Store account in order to download apps silently and then rate them. This it does by helping mobile app companies wanting to make their apps attain many installs and have positive reviews.
How to protect yourself from Ghost Push.
If your device has not yet been infected, you really need to protect it from Ghost Push. You can follow the instructions listed below to keep your Android device from becoming infected.
1. Install a good antivirus on your smartphone. It will detect and protect you from Ghost Push.
2. Try to avoid buying budget or used smartphones but instead, buy a new device from a trusted and well-known brand. This will ensure your mobile’s Android operating system is up-to-date by providing you updates files.
3. Only download apps from the Google Play store.
4. Always verify any links that were sent to you via sms, email or chat, to make sure they are safe.
How to Remove Ghost Push Virus from your Infectious Android Device
Oh no! your device has the virus. Don’t get panic, you can still be able to get rid of it by doing the following
1. Boot your android phone into safe mode: The first step is to boot your infectious android phone into safe mode by getting the Power Options menu to appear. You can do this by long-pressing the power button until you see the power options menu popping up.
2. Locate the Power Off option and long-press it until you can see the words “Reboot to Safe Mode“. then, click OK option to continue.
3. After that, wait for booting into Safe Mode. Once your phone is booted into safe mode, you will see “Safe Mode” at the left bottom corner of your screen.
4. After gaining access to safe mode. Go to the settings screen and you need to uninstall all potential malicious apps associated with the Ghost Push virus. On the settings screen tap Apps option, locate the apps you want to uninstall and tap the uninstall button. One by one you can remove all the malicious apps associated with the Ghost Push virus.
5. Restart your android phone normally and if everything was done according, then the virus is out of your device.
Always protect your android phone from the Ghost Push virus. Because once your android is infected you never can tell the amount of damage that your phone will be exposed to.
The Ghost Push virus comes endowed with strong abilities to use stealth technology and obfuscate techniques to conceal its existence. All of these features enable Ghost Push virus a stubborn and formidable malware to Android mobile devices. Ghost Push is currently attacking millions of Android users in the world. Always get your phone safe and protected.
For comments and suggestions, please leave us a message