Facebook has indeed becomes our own personal archive of memories. We are now amused by the ways Facebook bring up photos of us and friends from years ago.
But even though Facebook is now our own personal archive and a treasure trove of photos and videos. We still want more by having those memories (pictures and videos) in our own storage media.
This tutorial is aimed at showing you easy ways to download photos and videos of you or a friend from Facebook. This we’ll show you using the official method as well as third-party Facebook photo and video downloader apps.
The basic: easy ways to download Facebook photos
Downloading and saving a single photo on Facebook wouldn’t need you to use an app. There’s an easy way to achieve that from the photo preview.
On your mobile: click to preview the photo and tap on the three-dot menu on the top-right corner of the page. Click on Save to have the photo downloaded to your device.
On desktop: from the open photo, hover your mouse on the photo to preview the menu options at the bottom. Click on Options>Download to save the photo on your device.
Either on a mobile device or using a desktop, this method is fast and easy to download single photos. Similarly, you can also download your friends photos using same method. But first, their Facebook photo privacy settings must be set to allow third-party download. Anyways, by default, all photos are set to allowed.
How to download Facebook albums
Without using a third-party downloader app, Facebook also has an option for you to down a photo album.
To do this:
- Open your Facebook profile by clicking on your name.
- Navigate to Photo>Albums.
- Open the album to be downloaded.
- Click the cog icon on the top-right corner of the album preview.
- Click Download Album.
Facebook will zipped up all the photos in the album and have it prepared for you to download. Although, it will take some time to get it ready for download depending on the album size. Once done, you will be alerted with a notification that the album is ready to download.
The downloaded album comes in a zipped file. Extract it to get your album photos.
How to download your friend’s Facebook album
First of all, Facebook makes it easy to download your own albums but it doesn’t give you that privilege to someone’s else. Notwithstanding, you still can be able to do this by using the Chrome extension called DownAlbum.
Although, DownAlbum is not so easy to use and does requires a learning curve. Still, we will show you the easy way someone as you can use DownAlbum easily.
To use DownAlbum:
- First, create a folder on your desktop and name it DownAlbum.
- On your Chrome browser, download and install DownAlbum.
- Open Facebook and browse to a friend’s photo album you would want to download.
- Check your DownAlbum icon and if it turn orange, click on it.
- Click normal in the drop down menu.
- Click OK on the various confirmation dialog boxes and wait for DownAlbum to load all of the photos.
- Wait for it to complete loading. And once completed, you will have to save the album by pressing Ctrl+S on Windows and CMD+S on a Mac.
- Save it as Webpage, Complete to your DownAlbum created folder on your desktop. This will result a generated HTML file as well as a folder with all the album photos in it.
- Close your Chrome browser and open the DownAlbum folder in your desktop.
- Cut out all the downloaded pictures to any other folder of your choice.
- Empty your DownAlbum folder to be reuse again.
How to download all of your Facebook pictures
In as much you can download an album, you can also download all of your photos at once. This include all the pictures you have ever uploaded in your account.
Here’re the steps to download all of your photos at once.
- Go to your Facebook settings using your desktop browser, or click the direct link Facebook.com/settings.
- Click on Facebook Information on your left sidebar.
- Tap Download your Information.
- Next, click on Deselect all and select only the Photos and videos box.
- Specify the quality of the image files.
- Click Create File.
As usual, Facebook will take some time to get the zipped file ready. Once done, you will be notified to to download your zipped file.
How to use third-party downloadder app
Using a third-party app is a sure easy way to download your Facebook photos and videos. Notable mention to use is VNHero Studio’s (Facebook and Instagram photos and videos downloader) .
With this app, you can download not only your photos and videos from Facebook but also that of a friend. That’s not all, the app can do even more for you, by downloading also from pages.
The app is easy to use and comes free.
Get the app: Android.
How to save Facebook videos to your phone or computer
Downloading Facebook pictures to your phone or computer is quite easy because of a simple Download button on a picture menu. But unlike your pictures, Facebook doesn’t provide a button for downloading videos.
Anyways, there’s always a way to get it done, officially. FBDown a web app is one of such apps to help you save a Facebook video to your phone or computer. Using FBDown is quite simple and here are the steps:
- Open your Facebook video and copy its link from the address bar.
- Open fbdown.net on a new tab and paste the link in the search bar
- Click on the Download button.
- Chose your video quality.
Your downloaded file will be save to your phone or computer in mp4 format. Also, FBDown has a Chrome extension for easy downloading of Facebook videos. To use the extension after installation. Open any Facebook video and while playing, click the extension icon and the video will be downloaded to your device.
Get the extension: FBDown for Chrome.
Notwithstanding, there’re several other sites that can also do same for you.
We hope you can implement these steps anytime you would like to download a picture or video from Facebook.
For questions or suggestions, we are a click away.
Please leave a comment below.